Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring has sprung!

WOW!!! This weather has been spectacular! I have been having some HORRIBLE winter blues. I am not much of one to stay in the house regardless of the weather and since Bella has been here we haven't been getting out much. It was to the point that Adam kept telling me I needed to talk to the dr. about depression, which I knew I wasn't to that point, it is just I am a very outgoing person that likes to be busy. So needless to say with the weather getting nice we have been out and about alot.
We spent all day Friday and Sunday shopping. I have been trying to find those perfect curtains for Bella's room without having to change the entire theme...not alot goes with Pink camo you know. I am to the point of having to make my own. I have been attempting to put her in her bed during the day, since we are about to outgrow the bassinet and she won't hear tell of it. As most of you know, my living room is somewhat of a dark room as is our bedroom..the two places she sleeps. So I don't think she is diggin' the white blinds and valances in her "bright" room during the day.
My brother and his family just moved into their new house so we have been spending alot of time out there helping them get settled. They have a beautiful new home that is just the right size for their family. Bella will have a blast with her cousin's playing in the huge yard.
Bella has been sleeping through the night for about a week now. I say through the nite, from 10:30 to about 5:30am or 6:30am. It has been great! She may wake up fussy in the middle of it, but we change her diaper and she is right back to sleep. And we can just lay her down in her bassinet when we go to bed and she will usually lay there and play herself to sleep, just hope this is a trend that will stick around our house.
We have to make a trip to the dr. tomorrow morning. Let's just say today has been a WONDERFUL day. We have spent the past few days in nothing but crying and screaming fits, to the point of her choking herself from it and lasting about 6-8 hours. She has been asleep today (all day), has only woke up once to eat. She is probably so wore out from the past few days though. Or it could be the fact, Mom finally broke down and called the dr. so she is going to be good as gold now. LOL. The dr. seems to think she may have a bit of reflux going on, so we shall see tomorrow. It has been a very stressful, trying time for mommy and daddy. It is so hard when you can't do anything to comfort them.
With spring approaching we plan to be out and about every chance we get. Bella will be an outdoorsy girl if mommy and daddy have their way ;-).
I was planning to return to work tomorrow morning. Went to the dr. yesterday for my 6 week checkup, to be told I wasn't returning to work tomorrow. The dr. is very strict about her pregnancy/diabetic patients that have a csection taking a full 8 weeks maternity leave. Noone said anything about this the entire time we were even discussing csection. Which I am fine with, I am not sure I will be ready to return come the 22nd either. HEHE! Luckily I am able to work a couple hours a day and those couple of hours are split up. So we will get to play outside and do fun things in the middle of the day. Which I am looking so forward to!
Better get back to getting stuff done around the house while she is sleeping. Hope everyone is well and able to get out and enjoy the weather as much as we are.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yay! Welcome back! Glad you are able to get out and about and are starting to get out of your "funk"...I remember all too well that same feeling since both boys were born in the dead of winter. :-( It does get so much better! (((((HUGS))))

P.S. She is real cute!

Who Would Have Ever Thought......

Blogging Could Be This Much Fun?