Monday, May 4, 2009

School is almost out....

Here we are sitting with only 3 weeks of school left. Man has time gone by fast or what? I have been staying pretty busy at work. All the school field trips have been upon us for a couple of weeks now. On Thurs. last week we received a phone call at work that on Monday morning we would be having a corporate audit. Talk about crunch time. LOL. Lets just say I put in 47 hours last week. Which part of that consisted of working late Friday night and then again Sat. morning. So come tomorrow morning, things at work will be a little crazy for the day.

We went up Sat. evening to Adam's Uncle Roger's retirement party in Richmond, MO. He retired from BNSF Railroad after 41 years. It was fun. I got to meet one of Adam's cousins from Florida and her girls. Got to see some family we haven't seen in a long time.

Today, we had the DeGrande girls "Granny's Tea Party". Granny would have been 81 today. We had so much fun. My aunt Patty had a friend that is going into the catering business and she sent treats, and do I mean treats, for the party. She is amazing. I can say, so much for anyone being on a diet today. :) All the great granddaughters dressed up in their frilly dresses and wore their hats. They were so cute! They decorated straw hats, ate lots of tasty sweets, sipped tea and enjoyed each others company. Granny would have been so proud.

Now we are moving on to Graduation parties for the next couple of weekends. And then into Weddings. Lots to do!

Hope everyone is finally getting dried out. I am off to the School Day @ the K on Thursday and then to Theater for Young America on Friday of this week. Hope everyone has a good week and stays dry.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I loved your tea party pics! Fun! The hats idea was great! I'd love to see pics of the finished hats from above...

Who Would Have Ever Thought......

Blogging Could Be This Much Fun?