Thursday, June 4, 2009

How fast life changes!!!!

So as most you know, I am pregnant. We found out on Tuesday. I was having some severe cramping in my lower abdomen area. I just thought it was a bowl problem or something I had eaten just wasn't settling with my system. Adam told me a couple weeks before "you're pregnant", how in the world would he know that I thought. So Tuesday morning when the pain was more severe I sat down and looked at the calendar. LOW AND BEHOLD I was a week late. LOL. So I went to WalMart and bought the home test. I came home and do you think I could pee? NO! I had to take my mother-in-law to an appointment at 9am so I stuck the stick in my purse (just in case) I had to pee while we were out. I couldn't pee for the life of me. HAHA! The one time I did finally pee, I totally missed the stick.
When I got home from the appointment I called the dr. due to the level of the pain. I just figured something was wrong and I would be in for an afternoon of tests. I told them I was late so of course the first thing they did was have me fill a urine cup....and YES, I filled the dang thing. LOL.
It came back positive, they even ran it twice. :-) So the dr. suggested I go ahead and call an OB since I have had female problems since I was 18 and I had even went through all the fertility testing a couple of years back. We went to the OB yesterday.
Nothing showed up on the sonogram. The dr. was pretty sure it is just to early to detect it. He said that the sonogram won't show anything until my progestrone levels are in the 1000's. With my history of always having very low progestrone they drew blood and if they are indeed low I may have to take a supplement. We will find all the results from the blood draw today.
I go back next Thursday for another sonogram providing all my levels come back normal. If they arent normal we will go from there.
So we are going to be pretty busy for the next 9 months. LOL. We are just praying for a healthy baby regardless of what it is. We would be excited with a boy or a girl. Doesn't matter to us.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Man, those bowl problems can really be a problem...along with bowel problems! hehe! Home Lord in the house! LOL!

P.S. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!!

Megan said...

YAY! I still haven't stopped smiling since you told me!

Who Would Have Ever Thought......

Blogging Could Be This Much Fun?