Our lifelong neighbor Jack had a stroke 2 weeks ago. He was doing pretty well with rehab and all. Last Friday morning he again suffered a VERY severe stroke. Once back at the hospital they found out that he has cancer of the liver and pancreas and parts of the tumors are breaking off and causing the storkes. His family made the decision on Monday evening to bring him home in the care of Hospice.
I went out after route this am and spent the morning with them. It was the saddest thing ever. He has a dog that is best friend, and the first thing I see when I walk in is the dog laying on the bed curled up next to him. Instantly my eyes filled with tears, as they are now typing this. :(
The dr. has told the family he will only live about another week. He is completely unresponsive to all noise and even the dog. His son doesn't think he will last past a couple of days. Which after having been through it with my grandparents, he is probably right. The cancer is a very aggressive form of cancer and moves VERY fast. I didn't go through the cancer stages with my grandparents, but in the stages of Hospice care, he is failing very fast.
We have considered Jack and his wife Fritz grandparents since we were born as they too have considered us grandchildren. I guess I have just never put the thought into losing any of my grandparents, at least not at the rate I am going. This will be the 4th one in the past 4 months. I know they aren't biological, but if you have ever had that "special" someone you consider family, you understand where I am coming from.
I just can't believe it is all happening. I just wish someone would wake me up from a bad dream. I understand life is life and things happen for a reason, but dang, does it really have to happen all at once?
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Who Would Have Ever Thought......
Blogging Could Be This Much Fun?
My Blog List
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(28)
-
▼
September
(11)
- MUCH RANDOMNESS!
- Who decided my life is a sitcom?
- So....what possesses a person
- So today is my birthday....but not such a good day
- Rain Rain Go Away...
- SAD day
- CHICKEN RECALL.....it will give you the pox.
- WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!
- Garage Sale.....COMPLETE
- GARAGE SALE...GARAGE SALE....GARAGE SALE
- We made it back home. :(
-
▼
September
(11)
No comments:
Post a Comment